This was by far the most successful WiPM National Conference; held on the 24th September 2015 and attended by around 200 project management professionals from across multiple industries. This was also the biggest volunteer led event that the APM has held.
The objectives of the conference were to:
- reinforce the importance of women in the economy and in project management
- provide opportunities to hear from leading professionals
- provide practical tools to help delegates drive their own objectives and achieve their career goals.
The outstanding keynote speakers included Harriet Minter, the editor of the Guardian’s Women in Leadership section and Amanda Clack (see Amanda's slides here), who will become the global President of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in 2016.
This is the first in a series of four conference overviews that reflect on different aspects of the conference. These will be written by WiPM SIG committee members and will include:
- Proceed Until Apprehended and other career tips by Catherine Roche
- Dare to be Different by Adetoun Ayilara
- Be Brave, Be Bold, Be a woman by Alison Whitehead
- Creating opportunities to develop women’s careers in project management by Soo Vinnicombe & Valentina Lorenzon
Whether you attended our conference or not, we hope that you will enjoy experiencing the conference via these overview pieces.
If you are interested in attending more events organised by the Women in Project Management Specific Interest Group...