PMC SIG 4th podcast - Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control guide creation - November 2017
The Planning, Monitoring and Control SIG presents the fourth in a series of podcasts – hosted by Simon Taylor – Head of Planning at HS2 and APM Board member. In this podcast we hear from Simon and two of his fellow contributors of the Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Control book published in 2015, Paul Kidston and Keith Haward.
During this podcast they discuss a range of topics within the guide as well as what is required in order to produce a guide like this, to support future authors, and how the guide came about. This guide started with chapters which then built into the final completed guide.
The top two points that they discovered and wish to pass on for those thinking about writing a guide or book are:
- Think of the characteristics desired in the team makeup. This will most likely be volunteer work, so it is a big personal commitment and therefore you need to make sure you have fun in a supportive team.
- Focus on getting to the finish line, 99% is very easy to get to a falter. Commit to a completed job.
The opinions expressed are of the individuals only.
APM Planning, Monitoring and Control SIG podcast archive
- PMC SIG 1st podcast - Major Projects, BIM, Agile podcast - July 2015
- PMC SIG 2nd podcast - 'The Knowing Doing Gap' - November 2015
- PMC SIG 3rd podcast - Young project professionals podcast - December 2016