PMO SIG 2019 conference overview
On Tuesday 5 February 2019, the APM PMO SIG held its annual conference in Bristol; the theme “Love Your PMO” in honour of the closeness to Valentines Day. The day was designed to bring together speakers with different industries, perspectives, and journeys, and covered everything from starting in Accounting, to BREXIT, and even the challenges and opportunities faced by the generations in our current and future workforce.
The day was held with streams so that delegates could select what they wanted to listen to and tailor their day based on their PMO needs. Each session had plenty of engagement, and the feedback mirrors the fact that having a mixture of speakers is a sure-fire way to bring people together and open their minds to new possibilities.
You can catch up with each of the sessions through slideshare and let us know if there is anything you think we should explore over the next year:
- James McMillan, Audeo Fortis – From Human Resource to PMO
- Martin Paver, Projecting Success Ltd – Machine Learning and AI: An opportunity or a threat to a career in P3M
- Ellen Jarrett & Lauren Francis, Ella’s Kitchen – Giving your PMO personality
- Sunchana Johnston, PMO Planning Consultant – Love your BREXIT PMO
- Adam Skinner, P2 Consulting and Steve Leary, TCS – How does a Portfolio Management Office differ from a Programme Management Office in the World of Agile and Waterfall
- Martin Paver, Projecting Success Ltd – Lessons learned don’t work; why a data centric approach may hold the key
- Mike Belch, RSM UK Consulting LLP – The Five Generation PMO
- Matthew Hill, Delt Shared Services – Love your PMO
APM PMO SIG Chair