Project (programme or portfolio) management office (PMO) An organisational structure that provides support for projects, programmes and/or portfolios.
The APM PMO SIG provide a forum for PMO professionals to meet and discuss matters of mutual importance and to create knowledge to be shared across the PMO community. We welcome membership from across the whole PPM community. This includes:
- PMO practitioners, defined as people who enable, support and ensure the management of change in organisations
- Project and programme managers who would like to learn how to leverage their own PMOs to improve their project delivery
- Those who need to know more about PMO and its benefits, practices, tools and techniques
- People in leadership positions who need to understand the potential benefits of the PMO approach
- People in organisations who are tasked with performing the ‘bridge’ function between strategy and delivery, either in a portfolio setting or in various dispersed units throughout the organisation.
Our aim is to provide a collaborative open forum for PMO practitioners, and anyone with an interest in the role of PMOs, to get together, share ideas, offer support and advice to the PMO community, and to create valuable practice-oriented knowledge, which helps drive the PMO profession forward.