10 key features - APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ)
- The qualification offers a fundamental awareness of project management terminology.
- It is aligned with the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework at level 6.
- It is for those wishing to gain a broad understanding of the principles of the profession. No prior knowledge or experience is required for the
- Assessment is through a 60 question, multiple choice online or paper examination, taken over one hour.
- The examination is available online so candidates can take it at anytime, anywhere through live online proctoring.
- Candidates can book their online examination at a time to suit them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 360 days a year.
- The syllabus assesses the key elements of the project management lifecycle and covers knowledge areas from the APM Body of Knowledge 6th edition, including:
- Planning and scheduling
- Resource management
- Project risk management
- Project reviews
- Candidates can study for the exam in many different formats through APM Accredited Providers:
- Distance learning
- Public and in-house courses
- Should candidates wish to undertake self-study, there are four open examinations that they can apply for direct through APM.
- The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification Study Guide is designed to support candidates taking this qualification and is available to buy from
the APM website.
Find out more
Sign up to the APM Newsletter.