APM Portfolio Management SIG Conference - Portfolio Management in a Digital Age
The concept of Portfolio Management is now well established with general agreement over what the outputs of good Portfolio Management should be. However much of the original thinking around Portfolio Management is based on traditional views of project and programme delivery and the world has changed. The C-suite is demanding faster journeys from concept to value-delivery, delivery teams are wanting to work in agile fashions continuously releasing products and CIOs want to focus on product release rather than project management. So where does this leave traditional Portfolio Management – and how should we react so that we can accommodate these demands whilst still providing a controlled Portfolio that delivers the Organisation’s Strategy?
This sixth Portfolio Management SIG annual conference, sponsored by Hyde Parks Solutions, will look at how a range of major organisations have attempted to tackle these different challenges, it will ask what is hard and what is solved about these conundrums and it will look at where traditional portfolio management must change and where it must fight to stay the same! Join us for a full day of presentations, workshops and networking and join the debate on the future of Portfolio Management.
The conference includes:
5 case-study presentations, from a mix of private and public-sector organisations, tackling different aspects of Portfolio Management in a Digital Age
- Structured break-out sessions to exchange delegates’ views and capture key learnings on a variety of portfolio management topics
- The Launch of the APMs Official - “Guide to Portfolio Management” and sneak peaks at its content and case-studies
- A walk-through of the outputs of our Annual Portfolio Director Dinner – this year focused on ‘The Agile Portfolio’
Opportunities to network with colleagues & speakers, including our popular drinks reception after the event at the Marquis Cornwallis
Benefits of attending:
Senior practitioners from organisations spanning several business sectors will share their experiences and views on areas such as:
- Leveraging the value of portfolio management for executive decision-making in an increasingly complex world
- Using Portfolio management to help drive an Agile Transformation.
- Shaping hard-nosed benefit and value management at the Portfolio Level in a predominantly Agile organisation, and
- Focusing portfolio management on the future and setting direction for the organisation to ensure its relevance in the years ahead
Once again, we are putting together a top-quality line-up, with presenters from both private and public sectors. Discussions are underway with several major organisations, representing major production, financial, retail and government sectors. Case studies will be used to offer lessons and insights as well as provide opportunities for delegates to compare their own experiences.
Who should attend:
This conference is aimed at all senior change professionals, change leaders and those involved in running large programmes or portfolios who wish to understand more about current and emerging ideas on strategic portfolio management ‘good practice’, agile portfolio management and the future direction of the profession.
APM Portfolio Management Specific Interest Group (SIG)
The APM PMO SIG provide a forum for PMO professionals to meet and discuss matters of mutual importance and to create knowledge to be shared across the PMO community. We welcome membership from across the whole PPM community.