About this SIG
People: All project-based work relies fundamentally on the ability of people to work together.
Leading a group of people so they can become a high-performing team is, some would argue, the most important skills that a project professional needs to develop.
The SIG has a vision of ‘Inspired and inspiring project managers’ and a mission to raise awareness, inspire thinking and influence opinion around people and project management. Our primary focus groups are: Communications. Leadership and behaviours.
Our primary objectives are to:
- promote the inclusion of people aspects of project management;
- research and promote tools and techniques;
- provide support for project leaders and teams;
- provide support for performance improvement.
We plan to achieve these by:
- engaging with other SIGs, Branches, the wider PM community and other like-minded bodies and organisations outside APM;
- engaging with the Stakeholder Engagement Focus Group where you can find various resources about stakeholder engagement.
- presentations and workshops;
- proposing, conducting and encouraging research into people aspects of projects;
- building our reputation as a centre of excellence for people aspects of P3M delivery;
- communications and publications using appropriate media.
Our aim is to lead the project management community forward in the areas of project and organisational culture, communication, structure, leadership and teamwork. We encourage relationships to be built through networking and educational events.
People are then able to share knowledge, experience and insights, leading to the development of innovative approaches and best practice. This knowledge can then be disseminated throughout industry via the APM.