Transport brings significant benefits, but it also comes with huge costs, long lead times, and high intensity 24/7 operations, making it hard to change. What are your ideas for improving success?
Thames Valley Branch 2017/18 PM Challenge information page
Posted by Finlay on 31st Jul 2017
APM Thames Valley Branch Project Management Challenge Competition 2017/18 – now open for entries!
The annual successful TVB PM Challenge for 2017/18 has now launched taking it into its 7th successful year as a competition for developing project management professionals. TVB are looking forward to receiving entries from APM members of both corporate and Higher Education Institutions in the Thames Valley Region.
The competition provides the opportunity for new entrants to project management and students of project management the opportunity to manage and deliver a project inside or outside the work/academic environment and in competition with their peers. It aims to improve the project management skills of the individuals taking part, in a real life environment which runs over a number of months and culminates in a prestigious finals night.
Who can take part?
The competition is open to teams of three to six people who are new to the project management profession. Teams must be made up of Students, Post-Graduates, Trainees or Apprentices, or corporate employees with no more than three years’ PM experience. We would encourage collaboration between industry and HEI’s in entering a joint team if they wish.
Why take part?
The competition offers a tremendous learning and development opportunity for participating teams and an opportunity to engage directly with the APM in the Thames Valley Region. Further details can be found in our information pack.
We asked our teams from the 16/17 competition to let us know what they considered were the benefits they gained
from participating. Here is what they said:
- We experienced the entire project lifecycle in a safe and controlled environment.
- It increased their awareness of PM processes and how good teams are established.
- A great opportunity to learn about project management and receive external feedback on where you can improve.
- It gave us project exposure and a greater insight into Project Management using APM principles.
- It equipped junior PMs with more skills and knowledge.
- An opportunity to take part in something outside of their day to day roles and fully understand what it is like to deliver a project from inception to delivery.
- Is of huge benefit for my career!
- A fantastic opportunity to work with new employees and be able to network with individuals from different organisations on finals night.
How to take part?
To register your team’s interest in taking part in the competition, please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your entry form and information pack. The deadline for submission of entry forms is Monday 30 October 2017, 9am.