Thames Valley branch 2018/19 PM Challenge
APM Thames Valley branch Project Management Challenge Competition 2018/19 - now in progress
The annual successful TVB PM Challenge for 2018/19 has now launched taking it into its 8th successful year as a competition for developing project management professionals. This year we have 12 teams taking part in the competition from a variety of corporate partners. Teams will be running their projects from now until March 2019. Why not join us on the Finals Night in May 2019 - more information to follow.
The competition provides the opportunity for new entrants to project management and students of project management the opportunity to manage and deliver a project inside or outside the work/academic environment and in competition with their peers. It aims to improve the project management skills of the individuals taking part, in a real life environment which runs over a number of months and culminates in a prestigious finals night.
Who can take part?
The competition is open to teams of four to six people who are new to the project management profession. Teams must be made up of Students, Post-Graduates, Trainees or Apprentices, or corporate employees with no more than three years’ PM experience. We would encourage collaboration between industry and HEI’s in entering a joint team if they wish.
Why take part?
The competition offers a tremendous learning and development opportunity for participating teams and an opportunity to engage directly with the APM in the Thames Valley Region. Further details can be found in our information pack.
We asked our teams from previous competitions to let us know what they considered were the benefits they gained from participating. Here is what they said:
- We experienced the entire project lifecycle in a safe and controlled environment.
- It increased their awareness of PM processes and how good teams are established.
- A great opportunity to learn about project management and receive external feedback on where you can improve.
- It gave us project exposure and a greater insight into Project Management using APM principles.
- It equipped junior PMs with more skills and knowledge.
- An opportunity to take part in something outside of their day to day roles and fully understand what it is like to deliver a project from inception to delivery.
- Is of huge benefit for my career!
- A fantastic opportunity to work with new employees and be able to network with individuals from different organisations on finals night.
How to take part?
Entries are now closed for this years competition, however please contact us if you require more information.
APM Body of Knowledge reference
Financial and cost management