Assurance SIG Conference 2019 - The Value of Assurance
What value do our key stakeholders place on assurance? Are they always fully engaged and supportive of our activities? Assurance is preventive in nature - it is often difficult for Assurance Practitioners to quantify or define the benefits of an effective (and efficient) assurance activity when challenged. It’s even more difficult to explain the potential impact(s) for an organisation if an assurance programme was not in place, or if the resources allocated to the programme were reduced as part of a restructuring. How can we, as Assurance Practitioners, demonstrate the value of assurance, and make sure we deliver value-adding assurance activities?
The November 2019 conference hosted by the Assurance SIG will examine a number of these areas – for example, can we demonstrate the Return on Investment (RoI) for assurance? Are Assurance providers able to make a strong business case for assurance, based on the level of protection delivered versus the investment needed? More importantly, should we need to? Is the Value of Assurance something that can be quantified? Should we be “selling” the value of our services in a different way?
Wednesday 13 November 2019
Why should I attend?
- The conference will draw on the personal insights of leading Assurance practitioners who face these challenges on a daily basis, through a series of presentations, case studies and facilitated workshops.
- Presenters will share their successes, and what lessons they learnt when things did not work out as expected.
- The conference provides the ideal forum for attendees to network in a common interest group to gain practical knowledge, insights and solutions.
- The conference will be interactive, and delegates will have the opportunity to share their own personal experiences with their peers. In addition, you will have the opportunity to discuss, challenge and influence future developments in the field of Project Assurance, so come along on the 13th November and join the debate.
- CPD Certificate (8 hours).
- Complimentary car parking for all delegates at the conference venue.
Who should attend?
This event is suitable for professionals at all levels of experience and is particularly relevant to those who are responsible for provision of assurance in their organisations, covering projects, programmes and portfolios.