About this SIG
Governance The framework of authority and accountability that defines and controls the outputs, outcomes and benefits from projects, programmes and portfolios.
The mechanism whereby the investing organisation exerts financial and technical control over the deployment of the work and the realisation of value.
Welcome to the APM Governance Specific Interest Group (SIG) community.
The SIG was established in 2003. The stated purpose of the SIG is to:
- be the UK focus for those interested in the governance of change/ project management;
- advance the understanding of governance of project management;
- contribute towards the development of good practice in the governance of change/project management;
- influence national and international standard-making authorities to improve their impact on the governance of project management;
- influence those responsible for the governance of project management to improve their practices;
- develop its members as ambassadors and exemplars of excellent governance of project management.
- the SIG has been extremely active and has published a series of well received guides (see below), and is also actively reaching out to board/senior executives of organisations, for example IOD, IIRC, as well as the APM membership, to influence them to adopt better governance practices.